Today Bekah and I were starting to go a little crazy in the apartment so we got ready and went to Panera for lunch. We had a really fun and sweet time together, so I wanted to write some bullet point thoughts about it here while they're all on my mind. I always enjoy having blog posts to look back on and remember.
- Bekah cuddled my shoulder the whole time we waited in line. She is so cuddly right now and. It. Rocks.
- She did an awesome job eating her turkey sandwich and yogurt. I want to give her a high five between every bite because I'm so proud of her for what a good eater she is right now.
- Bekah sat in her high chair and watched people as they walked by. Every time she got a smile in return, she would turn to me and give me this really beautiful, happy-eyed, sincere smile. I loved seeing her so joyful about interacting with people like that.
- There was a guy at the booth next to us settling in to eat lunch with his friend. After hearing him talk, I thought "I bet he's a Christian". The way he served his friend was so selfless and gentle. I know a lot of people who aren't Christians that fit that description too, but something in me just knew. Within a minute or two, I saw the men bow their heads to pray and then heard them talking about their faith. I love when that kind of thing happens. The Bible talks about how people will know we're followers of Jesus by the way we love one another... that is such a powerful and cool thing to see lived out. (John 13:35)
- Bek fell asleep on the ride home so I enjoyed a quiet car and an almond milk latte. :) As I write this, I'm laying on the couch with her asleep on my chest. I had to write out some of these thoughts about another special day with my girl. Luke is back in classes full time (last semester for both of us - woohoo!) so Bekah and I have a lot of time together during the day. I am enjoying her company so much. We make forts, color, and laugh a lot. This age is awesome.
Hope you had a great week. Happy weekend!