1. I have no idea what to expect when the time comes to start running outside. That scares me a little. I don't know if I'll be surprised or disappointed with my endurance - but I'm definitely excited to try it out. I've been running in place, inside, for a couple weeks now and I really like it. I've been doing longer running intervals every so often to push myself. Maybe this is the week to get outside?? We'll see! I might just need to brave the cold - I miss you, sunshine and changing scenery!
2. A couple weeks ago we were driving through Valley Forge National Park and saw a bunch of runners on the paths. The views there are just amazing. When the warmer weather comes, I'd love to do a running date there with Luke. I can't remember if I've told him about that yet, but I think he'll really like the idea, too.
3. I've been thinking about what makes a good "every 21 days" celebration. I thought buying something every twenty one days would be motivating, but I think I'm just more motivated by quality time. Celebrations like going out for a family dinner, or maybe even doing a date at one of those big trampoline parks, would be a lot of fun. We still due for our second celebration so maybe we can make one of those happen in the next week or so. I'd love to hear your ideas for good quality time celebrations.
4. Last night was the first night I just went to bed instead of finishing my exercise or writing this post. That felt really weird but it was a good choice, I think. I was so worn out and, as a result, super emotional - it was pretty clear I needed a good full night of sleep. One cool thing that came out of that whole situation was that I wasn't as hard on myself as I would have been in the past. I didn't feel guilty or lazy or anything like that - I just knew it would be good as a wife and a mom and, well, a person if I got some rest. So I browsed through The Nesting Place again and fell asleep peacefully. :)
5. One of my goals for this year is to run a 5k. Each year my family does the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I've shared here before that running seemed terrifying and absolutely not fun to me in the past, but with all these changes happening, I think this would be a great year to join them for the race.
Alrighty. I've said enough! :) How was your week?